Whether you are someone who can remodel a bathroom in one weekend or someone who has to look up tutorials to change a lightbulb, these are all simple fixes that everyone can do!
- One of the EASIEST problems to fix. Just get yourself some WD40 or petroleum jelly, find the offending squeaky spot, and you’re ready to go!
- You will want to smear wallpaper paste on a piece of printer paper and stick it under the peeling section to thoroughly reach all areas. Next, pull out the printer paper and smooth out the wallpaper to make sure there are no bubbles left behind.
Clogged Bathroom Sinks
- Remove the drain cover, then pour 1/2 cup of baking soda down the drain. After that, measure out 1/2 cup of vinegar and pour that down the drain next. You’ll notice that it will start to bubble until all the unwanted blockage is finally gone! Rinse the remaining mix with water and you’re all set!
- Very simple solution: glass cleaner! Apply it to a paper towel and clean away.
- Now we get creative! You want to mix together cream of tartar, baking soda and lemon juice into a paste. Apply that to the stained areas and let it sit for half an hour before you rinse it off.
- Get some silicone spray lubricant and apply it to the edges of the window sill to make your windows easier to open and close.
- With flattened cushions, you want to set them in the sun for a couple hours (turning them half way through) to dry out the moisture that builds up in them. Do not leave them out too long to avoid fading colors.
This is just a short list of small fixes to help make your home feel more put together. Now, it’s time to get to work!
Pets are a huge commitment, especially when living in an apartment. You have to consider how much space will be available for them, as well as space you will be able to utilize nearby, such as dog parks. Also, make sure you check what your apartment can do for you and your pet to make sure it will be a good fit for the both of you.
(HINT: F&C has several properties with bark parks, pet washes and pet walks! Check ’em out!)
Here are a few extra things to consider before getting a pet that is kind of important to note prior to your purchase:
- Do you have the time it takes?
- Does this fit your desired lifestyle?
- Do you have time to train your pet?
- Can you commit?
- Do you have the funds?
Pets are great companions, but make sure you are not making an impulse decision when buying one and really think it through! Also, know if your apartment community has breed restrictions.
Speaking of breeds – you can take an assessment and find out what kind of breed best suits you! Good luck!
Think about gravity
- Since heat rises, the top floor of your house is almost guaranteed to be the hottest. To help get the hot air out and cool your house faster you can turn on ceiling fans or standing fans. Utilize your fans since this is an inexpensive way to help keep your home cold.
Keep the heat out
- Keep your blinds closed to help block out the rays and this will help you keep your rooms cooler. The opposite goes for the winter months when you want to keep the blinds open to help heat your home.
- Make sure you seal drafty doors and windows to help you lower cost even more all while keeping you cool.
Update your equipment
- The newer HVAC equipment runs much more efficient and will help cut down on cost as well, but this could also be an expensive initial investment that you have to consider.
Clean those vents
- Make sure you make it a point to check and clean the vents. Dust can easily build up and block airflow so you want to try and avoid that for cleaner, more consistent air circulation.
- Filters should be replaced every month due to them easily getting clogged and dirty. If filters are not replaced in a timely manner, it can obstruct airflow and can lead to health problems.
These are just a few things you can do to help cut cost all while keeping a comfortable temperature in your house!
Berkley Riverfront Park in Kansas City is getting quite the makeover.
The area, which will be the future home of Flaherty & Collins Properties new development, Union, is undergoing a facelift. Complete with a full plan that includes beach volleyball courts, dog park (Bar K), and more, Berkley Riverfront Park will be home to an area of activity, entertainment and relaxation within the urban landscape of downtown Kansas City.
Berkley Riverfront Park is a sustaining connection between the river and the city.
And this week, the Port KC unveiled new branding and activities to future residents and guests. And our Union team was there to great them as well!
That included our future furry residents, as well:
We can’t wait to finish up construction and greet our residents to further enhance the community. Here’s a reminder of what Union will look like when complete:
Stay tuned for more! You can visit Berkley Riverfront Park by clicking HERE or Union by clicking HERE for more information.
Organizing your home can become overwhelming when you do not have a game plan going into it. With dirty dishes in the kitchen, clothes in the laundry and shoes scattered throughout your home, you can see how easily this can become overwhelming. To in with a plan and tackle the mess head on!
a. Clear your counters of items that can be stored in cabinets
b. Use labels in your cabinets
c. Deep clean your fridge and freezer and throw out all the expired foods then organize what is remaining
a. Don’t be afraid to part with ole reliable
b. Keep your shoes in order
c. Keep your pairs together
a. Keep spring, summer, fall, and winter close separate
b. Ditch what you haven’t worn all year
c. Fold your clothes efficiently to keep your dresser in order
These are a few simple things you can do to help organize your home and make the process seem a little more achievable. Now, go get organized!